Welcome to our map of ideas for the future of Hastings and St Leonards.
On Wednesday 4th November 2020, just a day before the second Covid-19 lockdown, the Hastings Emerging Futures project hosted by Hastings Hive invited local people to share their ideas and plans for the future of our town. As we walked, we encouraged each other to consider the following questions.
- What do you notice about this place?
- How do you feel as you look around?
What if this place was the ideal neighbourhood, full of happy, healthy people, living and working in a thriving community:
- What do you imagine you’d see?
- What would need to change? Why?
- What should stay the same? Why?
To find out what people said on the day, click on the video clips linked to each of our purple map pins.
WE NOW INVITE EVERYONE INTERESTED IN THE FUTURE OF HASTINGS TO SHARE THEIR IDEAS ON THIS MAP.
Send a video
Simply use your mobile phone to record a short video on your future visions for your local area or an area in Hastings & St Leonards of your choosing. Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes. To have your say, send us your video ideas using one of following options.
– upload your video to YouTube. Send the video web link to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and contact details and we’ll add your video to the map.
– send us a video of your future ideas for Hastings by uploading it and forwarding it to us using the WeTransfer.com file sharing service. You can send files via this website direct from your mobile phone. To use the service go to WeTransfer.com using your mobile phone web browser. Address your video WeTransfer link to: email@example.com and include a message with your contact details in the form.
Send a photo
Simply email your photo and ideas to : firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add them to the map.
Please include your name, contact details and a short description of your futures idea that we can also add to the Hastings Emerging Futures map alongside your photo.
Please note we reserve the right not to include a video if the content does not answer the questions posed above or includes any content that may be deemed offensive. We look forward to hearing from you and adding your ideas to the map.
This project is funded by the National Lottery Emerging Futures Fund and managed by Hastings Hive. Hastings Hive is the operational name of Leisure & Learning (Hastings) Charity registered number: 1191285 For more about Leisure & Learning (Hastings) visit : https://theobserverbuilding.org.uk/leisureandlearning/